Are you looking for a new opportunity and challenge for 2022… We are looking for an enthusiastic and motivated Senior Landscape Architect to lead the team and work with our clients.
Do you stand out from the crowd, want to be part of a forward-thinking multi-disciplinary consultancy and are up for a challenge to develop the landscape architectural side of a business?
Wharton Natural Infrastructure Consultants are based in, Warwickshire with clients across England and Wales. As a result of our continued commitment and increased client base, we are looking for a Senior Landscape Architect to both undertake technical work and to further develop the landscape side of the company.
The position is aimed at a self-motivated, individual with good communication skills who wants to both develop their career, provide ideas to the business and implement landscape projects from the preparation of landscape masterplans, green infrastructure & LVIAs to small technical pieces of design work.
- Be part of a multi-discipline team that has a great work ethos and common values.
- Have an extra day’s annual leave on us for your birthday.
- Opportunities for CPD and voluntary activities.
- Twice yearly performance reviews.
- Personal access to Croner, our external experts in H&S, HR and employment law.
- Access to our Employee Assistance Programme.
- Critical illness and life insurance cover.
- Incentivised bonus scheme.
- Actively encourage personal goals and targets.
The main responsibility of the position is to develop and lead the landscape team delivering technical projects from start to finish to support planning applications and supporting the marketing team with business development.
Working within the team, you will be undertaking a range of field survey work, preparing reports and technical plans for architects, planning consultants, developers and land managers across the UK. You will need to be pragmatic in approach, solution-driven and have great communication skills. If this sounds like the perfect job for you give us a call, we’d like to chat to you.
Ultimately, we’re looking for someone who will be a good fit with our company culture and values. We take our professional work very seriously, but we’re also a fun and engaging team to work with, so a good sense of humour will help!
Skills required for the position:
The successful applicant will:
- Be an excellent communicator and organiser, being able to communicate technical detail to clients and work on multiple projects
- Have excellent design and report writing skills plus experience in landscape design & masterplanning, LVIAs, LVAs, EIAs, photomontages & visualisation, BIM for landscape,
- Be diligent and accurate in your work, well presented, trustworthy and punctual.
- Willing to learn, grow and provide a consistently high level of service, as part of our motivated team.
- Be computer and IT literate with experience in using Microsoft Office products, with good language skills and an understanding of time management.
- Be confident in providing ideas and feedback to improve our service and internal processes
- Have an in-depth understanding of legislative and policy issues relating to landscape and the planning process.
- Have experience of preparing fee proposals for a range of landscape services.
- Hold a degree or higher in landscape architecture or closely related field.
- Chartered Member of the Landscape Institute
- Have proven consultancy experience and portfolio (minimum 5 years experience),
- Excellent organisational skills and an ability to meet deadlines on time and within budget.
- Have a full UK driving licence and your own car are essential as travelling is an integral part of the role.
Most importantly, be able to provide solutions to our clients.
Duties of the position:
The applicant will be involved with, but not confined to:
- Developing and managing landscape team.
- Set the standard of being on time and on budget.
- Undertake all elements of landscape architectural work including but not confined to landscape design & masterplanning, LVIAs, LVAs, EIAs, photomontages & visualisation, BIM for landscape.
- Working alongside local authorities and council officers to develop appropriate landscape management strategies.
- Work to self-generate new work with new and existing clients.
- Attendance of meetings to represent both company and clients.
- Preparation of fees and tender documents for new and existing clients.
- Management of new and existing client relations.
- Understand and report on monthly fees/budgets.
- Working with other business sections and director to develop specific operational business strategies.
- Assist with company initiatives, development of the company within the marketplace, including presenting at CPD events.
- Contribute to the development of company documents.
Final salary and package will be based on qualifications and experience. This is a position initially based on a 39.5 hour working week and 3 month probationary period.
If you want to develop your career, join a dynamic company, which is ISO9001 compliant, please send your CV with a covering letter of experience and why you’d be great at the job to Peter Wharton (email@example.com). If you wish to discuss the opportunity and role further please call Peter on 01789 459458.
Closing date is 10th February 2022.
Remember to stand out from the crowd!!!
 Provided by Croner and includes health & lifestyle services, legal information, home life services and work life services.
 Introduced once 3 month probationary period is successfully completed.
 Take a percentage of any new business you bring to the company.
 We like everyone to have their own individual goals, whether that be having the opportunity to take your children to school, to travelling the world for a few months. We aim to make things happen.