Are you looking to be part of a fun, dynamic, driven, and experienced Arboricultural Team? Do you want to be part of a progressive and forward-thinking multi-disciplinary environmental consultancy which prides itself on building honest, strong working relationships with clients, and takes pride in delivering quality in the services it delivers?
As part of our Business Strategy for 2022/23, we are looking for an enthusiastic and self-motivated Arboricultural Consultant to join our established Arboriculture Team.
Wharton Natural Infrastructure Consultants main office is based in, Warwickshire with clients across England and Wales. As a result of our continued commitment and increased client base, we are looking for an Arboricultural Consultant to undertake arboricultural surveys and assist with technical reports. The project-based nature of our work means that there will be an opportunity to work all over the UK.
Working within the team, you will be responsible for undertaking a range of field survey work, preparing plans, and assisting with reports and technical documents for architects, planning consultants, developers, and land managers.
You will be involved in all areas of tree survey work, including:
- Undertaking BS5837:2012 surveys.
- Tree risk-benefit and condition surveys.
- Ancient and veteran tree surveys alongside our Senior Consultant.
- Tree inventories and asset management surveys.
- Communicating with clients and landowners.
There may also be opportunities for the right candidate to assist with the following:
- Assist our Senior Team with advanced tree inspections including the use of decay-detection equipment.
- Undertake climbing tree surveys as part of risk surveys or for bats alongside our Ecology Consultants (NPTC Climbing and Aerial Rescue CS38 will be required).
- Hold a Level 4 qualification or higher FdSc Arb, BSc or PDArb in arboriculture or closely related field.
- Have a full UK driving licence and your own car are essential as travelling is an integral part of the role.
- Have a working understanding of undertaking tree surveys and preparing reports to BS 5837:2012.
- Have a good level of tree, fungi, and pathogen identification.
- Hold the Lantra Professional Tree Inspection Certificate and be a member of the Arboricultural Association and/or Institute of Chartered Foresters.
- Be computer and IT literate with experience in using Microsoft Office products (particularly Word and Excel), with good language skills.
- Have good time management and be confident in managing your own workload with an ability to meet deadlines on time and within budget.
- Be diligent and accurate in your work, well presented, trustworthy and punctual.
- Be confident working as part of a multi-disciplinary team and lone working.
- Willing to learn, grow and provide a consistently high level of service, as part of our motivated team.
- Be confident in providing ideas and feedback to improve our service and internal processes.
We’re particularly keen to hear from you if you posses:
- An understanding of preparing plans using AutoCAD and GIS software.
- Technical or Professional membership to the Arboricultural Association (AA).
- A keen interest in Technology.
- CSCS Card would be desirable, although training can be provided.
- Be part of a multi-discipline team that has a great work ethos and common values.
- Have an extra day’s annual leave on us for your birthday – more time for cake!
- Continual professional development and voluntary activities.
- TOIL (time off in lieu) policy and flexible working hours – we actively encourage a healthy work-life balance.
- Personal access to Croner, our external experts in H&S, HR and employment law.
- Access to our Employee Assistance Programme.
- Critical illness and life insurance cover.
- Incentivised bonus scheme.
- Actively encourage personal goals and targets.
- Regular social events, games nights and volunteering days.
- Fun, friendly, and inclusive co-workers.
- A dog-friendly office.
- Oh – and regular fresh, handmade pizzas by our Director, Pete
Salary range: £22,000-25,000
The final salary and package will be based on qualifications and experience. This is a position initially based on a 39.5-hour working week and a 3-month probationary period.
Ultimately, we’re looking for someone who will be a good fit with our company culture and values. We take our professional work very seriously, but we’re also a fun and engaging team to work with, so a good sense of humour will help!
If this sounds like the perfect job for you and you’re ready to develop your career, join a dynamic company, which is ISO9001:2015 accredited, please send your CV with a covering letter of experience and why you’d be great at the job to Callum Throw (email@example.com).
If you wish to discuss the opportunity and role further, please call Callum on 01789 459458
Closing date is 27th of May 2022.
 Provided by Croner and includes health & lifestyle services, legal information, home life services and work life services.
 Introduced once 3-month probationary period is successfully completed.
 Take a percentage of any new business you bring to the company.
 We like everyone to have their own individual goals, whether that be having the opportunity to take your children to school, to travelling the world for a few months. We aim to make things happen.