- Position: Senior Ecological Consultant – Full time, permanent (39.5 hours/week)
Salary range: £33,000 – £42,000 dependent on experience and with other employee benefits
Are you an experienced Ecological Consultant?
Are you looking to lead a fun, dynamic, driven, and experienced Ecology Team?
Do you want to be part of a progressive and forward-thinking multi-disciplinary environmental consultancy which prides itself on building honest, strong working relationships with clients, and takes pride in delivering quality in the services it delivers?
Do you want to work directly with clients, creating a future where we live in balance with and connected to nature by increasing our understanding of natural infrastructure and guiding its enhancement in the places we live, work and play?
We are looking to recruit a Senior Ecological Consultant to work with and develop our ecology team helping to deliver projects due to our increasing workloads and expanding client base across the midlands and UK. There are some key skills we expect you to have, however our company culture and team dynamic is important to us so it’s just as vital that you’re a good fit within the team.
Main duties and responsibilities of this position:
- Working with our ecology team, providing technical support and working with our clients to guide them primarily through the planning process.
- Confident in undertaking a variety of ecological site surveys.
- Ability to write a range of technical reports including preliminary ecological appraisal reports, species survey reports, ecological enhancement plans, construction and ecological management plans and low-impact ecological impact assessments.
- You will have experience in managing and delivering projects including detailed and complex strategic development projects from start to finish.
- An understanding of Biodiversity Net Gain calculations and delivering associated reports and technical advice.
- Preparing and reviewing fee proposals and tender documents.
- You will work with the Senior Team to ensure projects are delivered to clients on time and in budget.
- Contribute to the development of company documents including guidance documents and templates.
- You will need to have your finger on the pulse in relation to the use of technology on the industry.
The knowledge, skills and qualifications needed for this position:
- Proven ecological experience in delivering a range of surveys and reports.
- An understanding of ecological consultancy and passion for the natural environment.
- Knowledge of office management, systems and procedures.
- A member of CIEEM or other related professional body.
- A full UK driving licence and your own car are essential as travelling is an integral part of the role.
- Proficient use of MS Office (Microsoft office, Outlook, word, excel).
- Experience in project management.
- Excellent verbal & written communication and attention to detail.
- Strong organizational skills with the ability to multi-task and ability to use your own initiative.
- Reliable/Hardworking/ Excellent timekeeping.
Desirable knowledge, skills and qualifications needed for this position:
- Experience as a named ecologist and have knowledge and skills in writing mitigation licence documents for protected species, and the ability to mentor junior staff on their production to enable their development.
- A competent and skilled botanist.
- Class 1 bat or Class 1 great crested newt licence preferred (or be working towards this)
Company benefits include:
- A truly flexible working culture.
- Quarterly team activity days.
- Membership to a related professional organisation.
- A paid subscription to Audible or Spotify and a pair of Bose or Beats wireless headphones.
- Bring your dog to work (providing they’re well-behaved and get on with the current Wharton Canines!).
- Take part in our quarterly team activity days to celebrate success over the previous financial quarter.
If you want to develop your career and join a dynamic company, which is ISO9001 compliant, please complete our application form on our website: https://wnic.co.uk/about-us/careers/
If you wish to discuss the opportunity and role further, please call on 01789 459458 to speak to Peter Wharton or Laura Carter.